• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney Malpractice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Not open for further replies.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? California
During conversation with appointed public defender he states " I have this many cases,
(indicating amount by holding hands shoulder width apart) your case is here,
(indicatig with hand lower third of stack) for $12,000 your file will go to the top. Give me at least $3000.00 by money order and send it to my P.O. Box to start with and the rest in two payments within the next 2 months."
He received no money being he was a public defender and in return gave no consideration to the case except what the D.A. direcected him to do.
Subsquently, I received five years six months for a first time and I repeat first time drug offense.
There was no investigation or witnessness on my behave for which he was responsible and any request I made he did not respond to. Who do I turn too? Waiting for the appellate process will take forever.
Last edited:

Dandy Don

Senior Member
Talk to any local lawyer for advice on this--you should have been able to request another public defender if the first one wrongly asked you for more money.

D.B. Cooper

Filing a grievence against the dirtbag, he was getting paid by the state, what a shyster
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential