• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

~~Attorney's Daughter in Pain~~

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

janendo

I live in Illinois. I have endometriosis/catamenial epilepsy. (i.e. convulsions followed by transient disorientation prior to extremely painful menstruation). My attorney father, in an effort to "protect" me from any man who may go after my assets, through his relationship w/my physician and a physician he utilizes for accident cases tried to declare me incompetent as a result of the transient disorientation and convulsions. Each hospitalization, he insisted psychiatrists be sent in just after the seizures (two grand mals last year) claiming the seizures were stemming from mental disorders, rather than medical. He was trying to become my "financial guardian." In doing so, no physician will treat me because I am like poison. They do not want to get involved because 1) brotherhood of attorneys and 2) brotherhood of physicians (physicians who did this, could be sued for malpractice). My condition is worsening. I could have died on several occasions, as my father utilized a "Power of Attorney in Healthcare," to direct ER personnel whenever episodes occurred not to treat it as a medical condition. He was able to accomplish this because I signed the document in 1997 cuz he said I needed it so he could protect my assets (building), should I become braindead as a result of a seizure. After an on-the-job accident, father claimed S.S. denied claim, so he had to have me declared "depressed." I found out he lied. S.S. did approve claim for back injury. Anywhere I go, they immediately put me in a psych ward. Even for pneumonia ... and have been turned away and refused help all over the place. The pain and experiences of the catamenial epilepsy have driven me to the point where I am ready to seek medical assistance in Tiawana, or any other country, just to have a laporoscopy to figure out how to stop this pain and the horrible experiences of my now irregular, menstruation. I know I will never be able to bare children because of his acts, and am sickened that for so many years I believed him. Is there a country that does not communicate with the U.S. with regard to medical history? Does anyone know of a physician who will treat a N.U. grad who is now worthless, because she has a paper trail of anorexia, bulemia, insane, incompetent, drug addict with monthly nervous breakdowns? (NOT TRUE) I did think I was crazy. I did think I was a mystery to medical science ... until one doc told me what it was, but refused to treat the problem ... apologizing to my father for allowing me to leave the hospital when I had pneumonia ... they put me in the psych ward once again and not even an i.v. I was just told to sit there. I then found the document and started to find his paper trail and why I was a mystery to medical science. I have been through psychological abuse in domestic violence counseling for months. I have a physician. But, he is not a surgeon ... just a GP and is only able to provide minor relief and psychological counseling. No physician wants to touch this, and no attorney will take the case, as I have seen to date. It is too unbelievable that a father would do this to someone he supposedly loves. I now realize my stupidy. He only loves money ... Not me. I want nothing to do with him, and will spit on his grave the day he dies, for the pain and suffering he has put me through. I awoke in a rehab hospital at least twice tied to a bed. My last EEG reveals permanent brain damage. No one will explain the extent ... I was told that I need a series of neurological tests by one neurologist and then ... when I came back, he said he never said it (although he wrote a letter stating it to my GP). Since I am considered poison, I pay at least $200/mo for massages and homeopathic remedies for the back injury that was actually approved by S.S. My father has caused more psychological, physical and financial damage than I bet you can imagine. However, each attorney I have seen to date. states that a case such a this, would require someone to be in a semi-coma to be worth pursuing it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">