• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auction bid-buyer refuses to pay!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alcatraz bird

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana. I posted an article for sale on an online auction on November 22, 2006, and received several bids. The last bid was put up this past January and was so high, I receieved no more bids, even though the auction on my article was over last week, November 21st. The person bidding the highest, which was bid on January 20, 2008, now refuses to pay his bid price. What is my recourse? Thanks to whomever responds beforehand, Alcatraz Bird.

FlyingRon

Nothing you can do can force him to pay. The damages here are slight and you'd spend more than you would recover. If this is ebay, file the UPI complaint so you get some of your fees back as well as getting the buyer a black mark (which if he gets enough from different sellers will kick him off ebay) and follow the procedures for relisting that will get you a partial credit on the relisting.

racer72

It's not eBay, the longest possible auction is 30 days and that is in the eBay Motors section only, the maximum for everything else is 10 days. I would like to know what site allows auctions to run for 2 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">