• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auction fraud........please reply !!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

manowar27

What is the name of your state? IL

What is the name of your state? IL

What is the statute of limitations on internet auction fraud? Over 5 years ago, I received payment for a few items on internet auctions, and I failed to send the merchandise. 4 situations came to a total of $1200. It's been over 5 years. If I had any way at all to pay restitution for my stupid actions, I would do so today! It was meant to be done as a way to get myself out of a difficult fiancial jam, and the guilt I have over the years is unbearable. There is absolutely no way for me to find anyone that my selfishness has affected. Is this something I should still be worried over? What would be the worst thing that might happen to me? Being sued in small claims court? Could there be possible criminal charges files after so long? Please help ease my mind........not that I deserve it, but I'm ruining my life worrying about this.

manowar27

I've lived with guilt and remorse for 5 years..........I find that smart ass remarks are not the answers I'm looking for. If I could make restitution this minute, I'd pull my check book out in a second. Don't pass judgement on me, please provide a logical, accurate answer.

JETX

manowar27 said:
I've lived with guilt and remorse for 5 years..........I find that smart ass remarks are not the answers I'm looking for. If I could make restitution this minute, I'd pull my check book out in a second. Don't pass judgement on me, please provide a logical, accurate answer.
Okay, lets see how serious you are about this.
If you are really racked with guilt.... send TWICE the amount to a local charity. I suggest one that provides shelters for spousal abuse, or childrens benefits. They are always in need and operating on a shoestring. Your $2400 will help them.
Or if you can't give the money.... offer to volunteer for a minimum of 240 hours (that is $10 per hour for your labor).

JETX

BelizeBreeze said:
OR to victims of Katrina who will be needing your assistance IMMEDIATELY.
I never have been a proponent of the 'charity machine'. Give your donation to where it has a DIRECT effect... without being 'filtered' through their expense algorithm. And yes, that even includes the Red Cross!!

manowar27

Its funny you should mention those options. After going to confession in May of 2001, I anonimously gave $1200 over 4 weeks to my church. The guilt eased for awhile, but creeps back suddenly and has basically ruined my time with family and friends. I'm ready to see a doctor for depression. I never claimed to be Mr. Perfect, but at this point, I'd look forward to being arrested and charged just to put an end to this self imposed torture.

BelizeBreeze

JETX said:
I never have been a proponent of the 'charity machine'. Give your donation to where it has a DIRECT effect... without being 'filtered' through their expense algorithm. And yes, that even includes the Red Cross!!
Yeah, that's why I do local.

manowar27

Although very good replies were given, my original question remains unanswered. Has the Statute of Limitations run out on this situation??

nasdaqsam

Bottom line is you really don't care about those you hurt, you want free advice to see if your off the hook.

Take a few minutes and read some of the people that actually need advice against people like you. See if you deserve a response.

I don't think anybody here actually believes any of your story other than you ripped these people off and now you want to know if your still in trouble. End of story.

manowar27

I'm not here for your approval or judgement. If you can't answer a simple question, go throw stones at someone else. I'm sure you've never wronged anyone in your life and your opinion is Gospel, but still..........no answer.

nasdaqsam

manowar27 said:
I'm not here for your approval or judgement. If you can't answer a simple question, go throw stones at someone else. I'm sure you've never wronged anyone in your life and your opinion is Gospel, but still..........no answer.
My opinion is exactly that, mine. I can sleep at night with my past. Can you?

If you really cared, then find the people and make it right. I don't buy the BS that there is no way to find them. With todays tech. it is a piece of cake. Odds are there still at the address you originally took advantage of them from. It's only been five years there probalby still chasing you. Find them then pay them back with interest, that is if you really do care which I am guessing you don't and will never attampt to look.

Just tell it like it is. You want free advice and your not going to do anything for these people you wronged. Isn't that the real story?

manowar27

Once again..........playing judge and jury and not giving an educated answer. And how exactly do I find someone from 5 years ago? Should I put an ad up on an Internet Auction and say " Whoever lost money 5 years ago, call me and I'll send you a check?" Whats your guess as to how many replies I get? My guess would be over 5,000. Now..........care to answer my original question please? Whatever feelings, intentions, or remorse I have is none of your business. I asked a simple question and you commenced with your self-rightous rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">