• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Authorized Agent for Service Nonexistant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I am suing a corporation in small claims court. The Texas Secretary of State gave me the name and address of the corporation's Authorized Agent for Service. I was told by the deputy who tried to serve the papers that the address was for a janitorial company and the person listed as the agent was not there. Also the name given to me doesn't appear in the State Bar Assocs. listing of lawyers. What can I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential