• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

authorizing pick up at daycare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

derbyqueen

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I have 2 children in daycare. I am custodial parent and filled out the forms with the list of people authorized to pick up the children. My ex wants to add his married friend to the list. He has visitation on Tues. & Wed. The daycare owner said only I was allowed to add to the list since I filled out the forms. Now, he is insisting that he could just give his authorization and I need to get a court order saying otherwise. I don't want this person picking up my children alone. Can he do that? Or is it as custodial parent, I make the decision of who can pick them up?

Grace_Adler

I could be wrong but I believe that he can not make you give that person's name as a pick up to the daycare. If you don't feel comfortable putting that person down then I wouldn't. I'd tell him to get a court order making me..LOL! Just kidding, wouldn't want to start a war with him or anything.

L

lcollins

I don't even have my ex on the list to pick my daughter up from daycare. His visitation schedule was set up at times when she wouldn't be there anyway, and when it was, I had someone else pick her up. I didn't want the daycare to have to worry about making sure my ex only picked her up on his days and at certain times (since it cost and arm and leg and I was paying for it). This way I was certain I would have no surprises, and he got his child when he was supposed to. The custodial parent is the only one who can change the pick up lists that I know of. I wouldn't do it, let him get the courts to say you have to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">