• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto-accident, and husband does not think my lawyer working in my best intrest?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mustang

i was in an auto accident in 98. i hired a lawyer to handle my lawsuit. it was based upon a percentage at settlement. my husband does not think the lawyer is working in my best interest. i had an occupational therapist come into my home to address attendant care needs as the accident benefit schedule here in canada has that benefit. i hired this occupational therapist as the car insurance did not send one out after my sugery in the beginning of the year 2000. this o.t. submitted the report and the car insurance has to respond in 14 days if they dispute this claim and send me to a designated assessment center[ which they did not] and if not, begin paying the benefit in 30 days[ which they did not] in subsection 6 of the benefit schedule it states, "they have to pay the benefit pending the results of the designated assessment center" if they dispute the benefit. the insurance has not paid a dime and i finally called my lawyer on it as i had heard nothing from him with regards to demanding payment. he said there had not been a letter of denial, but that was just a formality. i told him that they still had to pay even if they denied it, and i had to read him the subsection and he did not even knew it said this. my insurance company even paid for my mothers plan ticket to attend to me after surgery. the insurance company now owes alot of money. my husband is now questioning if he is working in my best interest. based on how he was hired, how can i get another lawyer and how do i get the money that is owed?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">