• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident Compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I am in the process of selling my car. The person who is buying the car totalled it before finishing the payments. I hold the pink slip and the insurance is in my name. The buyer only had 1000 dollars left to pay. I will be getting a check from the person's at fault insurance company for the accident. My question is, the check from the insurance company will be more than a thousand dollars. Can I keep all of the money legally since the buyer did not finish paying for the car and everything is in my name?



Your damages are $1,000.00. Give the change to the buyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential