• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto accident in Florida and medicare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Geotrucker

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida I was involved in an accident in Florida in Jan 2002 and settled this case in April of this year 2005. I went on medicare in Aug of 2004 and only had some medical because of the accident with medicare ($1997.68) The lawyer said he had to withhold 3 times the amount of the medicare bill and is holding $11371.53 which is a lot more than 3 times the bill I have the eob's from medicare and have given the copies to the lawyer but he said when medicare sends him the bills we will settle this case.In trhe meantime he has an extra $9373.88 of my money that he will not give me. Getting to medicare we have been requesting them to send the bills to the lawyer since Jan of this year 2005 and as of this date "they are still working on it" I have called many times to the eob office in Jacksonville and every time I have asked to sp[eak to the person that is handling the case only to get his voice mail and leave a meesage and he will call me back but as of this date I have never spoke to him. When I call medicare I ask about this case and get told I have to be patient. What recourse do I have with the lawyer and also what recourse do I have with medicare? Would it do any good to go to the medicae office that is 250 miles from my home?

Geotrucker

Geotrucker said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida I was involved in an accident in Florida in Jan 2002 and settled this case in April of this year 2005. I went on medicare in Aug of 2004 and only had some medical because of the accident with medicare ($1997.68) The lawyer said he had to withhold 3 times the amount of the medicare bill and is holding $11371.53 which is a lot more than 3 times the bill I have the eob's from medicare and have given the copies to the lawyer but he said when medicare sends him the bills we will settle this case.In trhe meantime he has an extra $9373.88 of my money that he will not give me. Getting to medicare we have been requesting them to send the bills to the lawyer since Jan of this year 2005 and as of this date "they are still working on it" I have called many times to the eob office in Jacksonville and every time I have asked to sp[eak to the person that is handling the case only to get his voice mail and leave a meesage and he will call me back but as of this date I have never spoke to him. When I call medicare I ask about this case and get told I have to be patient. What recourse do I have with the lawyer and also what recourse do I have with medicare? Would it do any good to go to the medicae office that is 250 miles from my home?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">