• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident in Parking Lot with Cameras

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ERVol25

Tennessee

My wife's vehicle was hit in a hit-and-run in a parking lot. There are cameras facing the parking lot, but the property owner is unwilling to review or provide us with the video. Is there a course of action that should be taken for this issue? Is there a legal obligation of the property owner to provide the video evidence to the us, the police, or the insurance company?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Tennessee

My wife's vehicle was hit in a hit-and-run in a parking lot. There are cameras facing the parking lot, but the property owner is unwilling to review or provide us with the video. Is there a course of action that should be taken for this issue? Is there a legal obligation of the property owner to provide the video evidence to the us, the police, or the insurance company?
There is no legal obligation to do so, but they might offer it to the police. In any case, assuming you have the appropriate coverage, let your insurance handle it.

ERVol25

I did not think so, but thought it to be worth asking. We have reported it to insurance and worst case it goes under uninsured motorist, but the difference is us being out the deductible for that and the other party being responsible. The money part isn't really the issue, we just want to know who did it so they can be held liable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">