• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto accident medical bills in collections

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TimFromNC

I live in North Carolina and was in an auto accident one year ago. The other driver involved was at fault. I and my pasengers were checked out at a nearby ER. One of my passengers, my mother, is still receiving therapy. Because her treatment has taken so long, we are only now beginning to settle with the other driver's insurance company. The hospital and ER doctors are aware this is an auto insurance claim. They said long ago, they would wait for the settlement. However, we both just got a letter from a collection agency for the ER doctor's bill. I called the collection agancy to explain that we were beginning the settlement process and it may be a few more months before they were paid. They said we had 30 days and that if the insurance company didn't pay by then, we would have to. I asked if they couldn't take out a lien. They said "No." How can I get them off my back until we settle? All other doctors' offices and the hospital are more considerate and are waiting patiently.

A

Attorney_Replogle

The best way to get them to take a number and wait for the settlment is to get a personal injury attorney ASAP!!!! He will help you to get these creditors to back off. Plus, he will undoubtedly be able to get your mother a lot more money from the settlement then you would be able to. Please consult with one this coming week. You can find one near you at attorneypages.com.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">