• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident with pepsi truck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kimmiez

Hi..I was pulling into a gas station and there was a pepsi truck pulling past the pumps..when he passed i pulled in..I stopped and was ready to get out when I was suddenly hit..The pepsi driver backed into the rear wheel well and quarter panel of my f150 4x4 truck and just kept backing up after he hit me causing a huge dent and scratch in my truck..we exchanged drivers info, and another truck driver who said he witnessen the accident gave the pepsi driver his info..I did not get a copy of this (I know ,stupid,but I was so upset that I could not think straight)..on this info, the witness said that the pepsi driver had backed into me..a few days later pepsi sent an adjustor to look at my truck and the damage was appraised at 2100.00..the adjustor told myself as well as the man at the garage that did an estimate for me that they were going to get my truck back to the way it looked before the accident..a few weeks after this, I called the ins. company to see what was taking so long for the check to be sent so that the repairs could be started and was told that they were not going to pay because the witness was now saying that the accident was 100% my fault..that I had come into the pumps at a high rate of speed and caused the accident..this is not true,but only the pepsi driver has the info on the witness..the pepsi driver was also complaining of having to now go for a drug test..How do you fight a company??? Is there a way for me to get the driving record of the pepsi driver and the results of the drug test that he had to take?? The police were called to this accident but said that since it was on private property there was nothing they could do..they did not even put it in the daily report and the officer that was there said that he wouldn't even put what he saw so that I could get a copy..I cannot afford an attorney so I am going to the magistrate to try to get satisfaction and I have also put an ad in the paper asking for help from anyone that may have seen the accident that hopefully will tell the truth!!!!! any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

P

PamSJS

Dear Driver;

Do you have insurance on your vehicle? If so, contact your agent immediately and explain what happened. They should pay for the damages to your vehicle (minus the deductible) and will pursue the pepsi driver for reimbursement.

Good luck!

M

maxi

most gas stations have cameras to keep an eye on gas and go maybe you can ask the manager to look at the tape for that day ???? good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">