• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



In October 1999, I was involved in a car accident in Arkansas. The other driver pulled into my path from a stop sign and received a citation. There was also a witness to the accident who gave a statement that he was at fault. I suffered a separated shoulder, which required surgery, and I am still in physical therapy. The other driver's insurance company was generous in paying off my totalled car, and the adjustor said I would be reimbursed for all medical expenses, $10,000 and counting now. But when the hospital contacted them to inform them of my surgery, the adjustor said that he couldn't say any of my expenses would be covered. My question is, when it is finally time to settle this case, would I be better off to deal with this adjustor myself, or to hire an attorney and count on getting enough extra out of the settlement to pay the lawyer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential