• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Taylor

I live in Md. I use my persoanl vehicle for work to travel to other work sites. I recently was in an accident that was described by the officer as the fault of the other driver. My vehicle took three months to be repaired. The original estimate was around $3,000.00, the final cost was 7,200.00. The car does not ride the same and has obvious problems that were not corrected during repair. When I checked the blue book value of the vehicle it was only 5,000.00. I do not feel safe riding in it, especially if it has taken three months to fix it and one month to correct the suspension and the alignment. I was told by the repair shop that I had to pay or it would be subject to storage charges. Can the car be "totaled" or can I be given the blue book value of the vehicle? I have tried to talk to my insurance company but they do not want to talk to me. I have requested they not pay the repair place and I have placed a stop payment on my check to the repair shop.
Also, it became a workers ompensation claim. My job has yet to pay my bills and noted in my file that I did not follow proper procedure when reporting an accident(I called my supervisor, but she had went to lunch so I left a message to give to her with the only available worker in the office at the time, since I was being hauled off in an ambulance). The bills have gone into 60 days on non-payment, I feel if I pay them myself I will not get reimbursed and they stated(workers comp rep), they would take care of medical bills. Do I pay them myself? Will that negate them having to pay? Should I request my inusrance to pay?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">