• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



hi,i live in hawaii. my brother got into a car accident,and
suffered head and face injuries,along with some minor injuries.he has no registration and no insurance for his automobile.he came to a turn ,where there is a wet spot on the road,where water runs down the highway from a stream. the water and algae on the road caused him to loose control,
hit the cement railing ,get ejected from his jeep and his jeep flipped to its side.we have a witness who saw what happend. and we've heard of other people getting into an accident at the same place with the same cause.i myself went to the scene of the accident and saw the spot where it is always wet with algae on the road.any information or advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated.thankyou...


Senior Member
It is the responsibility of the vehicle driver to maintian control of their vehicle irregardless of the road conditions. The roadway was obviously not in perfect condition. Your brother also failed to use seat belts and this caused more serious injuries than would have been expected. Unless you can prove negligence by the government agency that controls the road, your brother does not have a case. You should seek local counsel. If the road problem is a case of negligence and there have been many accidents at that location, a class action lawsuit may be in order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential