• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

magdalena.spinu

I have taped a car on the back which caused it to bump into another car.
Now the far upfront driver states that she has been injured, even though the police record clearly states that it was a minor incident and no damage or injury has occurred. My insurance investigator states that I am responsible for the injury therefore I have to deal with the medical bills.
What should I do?

magdalena.spinu

Thank you for the reply, I am worried that my insurance will go up because of the false statements of the other parties. Is there anything I can do at this point?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thank you for the reply, I am worried that my insurance will go up because of the false statements of the other parties. Is there anything I can do at this point?
Even in slow-speed accidents, injury is possible. As you were told, you need to let your insurance company deal with this. Yes, your rates may go up.

What US state are you in?

Zigner

Even in slow-speed accidents, injury is possible. As you were told, you need to let your insurance company deal with this. Yes, your rates may go up.

What US state are you in?

ETA: If you hit the car in front of you with enough force to push it in the the next car in line, then your accident was more than just a "tap". A significant amount of energy was transferred.

PayrollHRGuy

This is what insurance is for. Yes there is a chance your rates will go up after a claim but even a minor medical claim can cost tens of thousands of dollars.

adjusterjack

should I be worried about it?
No. You have insurance so you don't have to worry about it.

The police report is meaningless with regard to the lack of injuries. Aches and pains often manifest themselves a day or two after the accident.

Unless you have "accident forgiveness" on your policy you'll be surcharged on your next renewal for an at-fault accident.

In the future keep more distance between you and the cars in front of you.

Zigner

No. You have insurance so you don't have to worry about it.

The police report is meaningless with regard to the lack of injuries. Aches and pains often manifest themselves a day or two after the accident.

Unless you have "accident forgiveness" on your policy you'll be surcharged on your next renewal for an at-fault accident.

In the future keep more distance between you and the cars in front of you.
To be 100% accurate - if the dollar amount of the injuries exceed the coverage of the policy, the OP may have to worry about it. If the OP only had minimum coverage, he might be on the hook for some of this. That doesn't change my (our) advice for the OP to let insurance handle it, for the moment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">