• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jenng

here is the situation: my husband's license was suspended, he totaled my car. I signed up w/my auto carrier PRIOR to him living w/me/our marriage. Now they are "investigating" this totalled $20,000 leased car claim. NJ is the state. How can they possibly NOT cover this-it was not his fault, hit and run basically (w/a witness-statement w/police report). Please help, we do not want our financial lives ruined because of my oversight not adding him. Thank you.

L

lars coltrane

these are always tough. you need to read your policy to see who is a covered driver and who is not. Since the amount involved is high, I suggest that you seek a consultation with a lawyer. Even if you have to pay, in the end, if it gets you coverage, then you have saved alot.

good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">