• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto contract incorrect

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jlynf

I purchased a car yesterday however I noticed this morning g the retail installment sale contract had the original car I was looking at on the contract. (Which I like this car more). The buyers order has the car I drove home. Am I able to get the car on the retail sale contract?

quincy

Thank you for providing your state name.

The answer to your question is “no.” You will need to have corrections made so that the financing agreement is for the vehicle you actually purchased.

Jlynf

Even if all parties signed the contract for that car? I would still have to get the other car the I drive home? I’ve just had a lot of issues with this dealership even down to they have me the wrong interest rate

quincy

Even if all parties signed the contract for that car? I would still have to get the other car the I drive home? I’ve just had a lot of issues with this dealership even down to they have me the wrong interest rate
It is obvious that errors were made - but the errors can be corrected at the dealership so that the correct car financing agreement is for the correct car being financed.

You can file a complaint against the dealership with your state if you believe the dealership had the intent to misrepresent facts or deceive you into purchasing a car.

From what you have posted, it sounds to me like the salesperson was unintentionally sloppy with the paperwork.

LdiJ

You have to bring it to their attention that they made a mistake. That is the kind of mistake that they are going to want to correct just as much as you want to correct it.

adjusterjack

Were you blindfolded during your purchase? If not, then you should have carefully read what you were signing and you would have (hopefully) noticed the errors and could have gotten them corrected before you signed the contract.

The only error is the car. You accepted the interest rate by signing the contract. If you went to court on this a judge would order just the correction of the car description, nothing else, because your obvious intent was to buy the car you drove home.

Jlynf

Could I contact the finance company and ask them about potentially approving what is on that contract just a thought I’ve never had this happen before

quincy

It is important that all contracts are read carefully prior to signing. The errors you mention are ones that should have been easily caught on reading.

LdiJ

Could I contact the finance company and ask them about potentially approving what is on that contract just a thought I’ve never had this happen before
You could, but that would be inappropriate. Again, contact the dealer and point out that they made a paperwork mistake.

Jlynf

Were you blindfolded during your purchase? If not, then you should have carefully read what you were signing and you would have (hopefully) noticed the errors and could have gotten them corrected before you signed the contract.

The only error is the car. You accepted the interest rate by signing the contract. If you went to court on this a judge would order just the correction of the car description, nothing else, because your obvious intent was to buy the car you drove home.
No need to be rude to me I was simply asking because I’ve had a lot of issues at this particular dealership unfortunately.I am simply asking questions because I do not know the answers which is why am on this site

quincy

You can call - but it seems unlikely that any financing company will approve terms for your car that are terms approved for another car.

You really should just go back to the dealership for corrections.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">