• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Dealer Contract Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vanbogue

What is the name of your state? California. I did a trade-in in Feb from local Kia dealer. 2 months later I received a bill from them for $450.00 with an overdue notice on it. The dealer informed me that they did not receive the full amount of pay-off from the car financer of the car I traded and I am responsible for paying the $450.00. Is this true? Do I legally have to pay them?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? California. I did a trade-in in Feb from local Kia dealer. 2 months later I received a bill from them for $450.00 with an overdue notice on it. The dealer informed me that they did not receive the full amount of pay-off from the car financer of the car I traded and I am responsible for paying the $450.00. Is this true? Do I legally have to pay them?
The answer would be in the fine-print of your contract (but I'm guessing "yes")

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">