• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto insurance claim questions, withdrawn??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

buccaneerob

What is the name of your state? FL

about 8 or 9 months ago my vehicle was stolen.....completely totaled, my insurance company of course investigated it, etc.....well they paid the lienholder, and that's the last I heard......they mentioned they would continue the investigation, I received one more letter requesting various personal documents, then that was it. I recently talked to them, and they stated that I had "withdrawn the claim", but to my knowledge I never withdrew the claim. "That's the term they use for inactive claims", also they mentioned that there was a "paper reposession" on the vehicle. I'm unsure if maybe that was in reference to the balance of a few hundred dollars left over to the lienholder, that recently charged it off.....

So here are my questions for anyone who'd like to help!

1) Should I just leave the claim it as it stands, I mean they paid fair value on the vehicle to the lienholder, is my insurance company going to hold me responsible for the money they paid out if I leave it be??

2) What exactly could be meant by paper reposession?

personally I'm sick and tired of dealing with this but any advice would greatly help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">