• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Insurance Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Consagrax

My auto was rear-ended in 4 car pile up (FL, no fault) and my insured driver injured. (No citations) Insurance will only pay 1/3 of the medical due to the fact we reside with relatives who have auto insurance of their own. Ins. says "residing relatives are liable for the other 2/3 and must make a claim to their insurance companies for this accident"; and, "Ins. is not liable for auto damage due to the fact, the car that caused the pile up fled the scene". Does any of this sound correct? This has been dragging for 6 mos, how much time do I have to resolve this before what they say becomes law?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I have no suggestions for you, but I do have a comment - -

This is what happens with "No-Fault" insurance. The insurance companies led all the voters down the "garden path" when they hoodwinked the good people of Florida, and the other "No-Fault" insurance States, to get the citizenry to vote for this crap.

Now, when you need them the most, the insurance companies scurry behind the floorboards, and into the night.

Well, now that you've gotten "pinched" by the insurance companies, it's not so rosey as they made it sound, is it? Next time it comes up on the Ballot, you'll know what to do.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">