• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Insurance dispute.. now what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

romanntiko

What is the name of your state? Great State of California

Situation:

My sister was involved in an auto accident on Dec. 2002. The other party was @ fault and we had the car repaired at not cost.

Unfortunately, she was involved in another accident on Mar. 2003. The other party was @ fault once again. However, this time repairing wasn't as easy as the last time.

The other party's insurance claimed the damages were from the previous accident. Despite the fact that we had the police report from the first and second accident.

We ended up paying a $500 deductible to get the car repaired and when our insurance attempted to collect, the other insurance stood their ground with the same claim. My insurance did not seek subrogation.

I took it up with the states insurance dept. but that wasn't much help. I'm running out of options so I ask, what can I do now?

Its obvious this is an issue that needs to be settled in court. The question is who do I take to court to pay our $500? Is it the other party's insurance or the party itself?

~R~

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">