• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Insurance Question please if I may

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gung

I am in New Jersey and my roommate has recently applied, been approved for and paid his first down payment for auto insurance. Now, when he went in to the auto insurance company to make his payment he was expecting to receive his auto insurance card so that he could take the vehicle he bought which has Delaware license plates and no auto insurance at this time and get New Jersey license plates and the taxes paid on it. The DMV in New Jersey requires him to bring the Auto Insurance card as proof of insurance on the vehicle before they will sell him tags for the car. The Auto Insurance company said that there was a new law in New Jersey which requires them to mail him the insurance card in the mail and not give it to him at the time of payment but the DMV told him that they should have provided him a temporary auto insurance card at the time of payment. So who is correct? And if the New Jersey Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is correct then who do we see about correcting it or what do we do? Because it has been a week since he paid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">