• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Insurance-Reply to BELOW/SORRY!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Donna32669

Wow, New Jersey must have some twisted insurance law. I live in
Florida and can only give you my opinion. First, if the car is to be in your name only, I would insure you. There may be a problem because you are not legally divorced. Usually the policy reads that an insured is the Named Insured and spouse....however, here it also states that it includes the spouse only if a resident of the home. The big problem is too often the divorce doesn't go through and the Mr. moves back which puts the company on a risk the don't want (due to the DUI). I suspect that is the real reason behind the rate increase, not the fact that it cancelled. I
doubt your company has "filings" with the State that allow them to jack the rate up based on one cancellation. Either, we don't have all the facts or as I said NJ is one twisted state on insurance.
I suggest you shop around, offer to sign an Exclusion on your spouse if not yet divorced, or move to FL. Good luck.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">