• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

iluvherso

My husband and I got insurance for our 99 Dodge Durango. However, we were unaware that it was only liability and not full coverage. This is a new vehicle and as far as I know is required to have full insurance coverage. Unfortunately, we got in an accident a week ago. No other cars involved, a pole was hit. We called the insurance company and that is when we were told we only had liability. They say there is nothing they can do about it since they did not inspect the car to give us full coverage. However, we had the car inspected in order to have it shipped to another state and that inspection was in August and we got insurance with this company in June. The inspection was very detailed and we have a copy of it. Is this not proof enough for the insurance company to give us the full coverage and cover the damage on the vehicle? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
N. Byard

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">