• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto lease cosigner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cosigner

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Michigan
a while back i cosigned for my daughter(over 21) to lease a car. she became delinguent in her payments and when GMAC contacted me i told them if she didn't make her payments, do what we have to do. they said they might have to reposses the car. i said whatever, please let me know what's going on. GMAC did reposses the car and sold it at auction. After they sold the car they wanted the remainder of the lease paid off. my daughter again did not pay her obligations which was set at $100. per month. GMAC contacted me that i was liable for the payments and i've been paying them monthly. my question is; do i have to pay this lease off since GMAC never offered me the car nor the option to sell it and pay off the lease. GMAC sold the car at auction and now i'm paying a lease without a car which doesn't seem right to me. do i have any options and if so my intention is to just get rid of this payment. please help a foolish cosigner that didn't protect himself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">