• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto repair co. did more damage to car than before

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ahenrikson

I have a brand new Rodeo and I it got a door ding on the driver side door. I asked the dealer what I could do and they gave me a name of a company they used and said it would be no problem to fix. They company came to fix the door and when I went out to look at the car I was informed that the paint had cracked. He said, "this usually doesn't happen, but sometimes it does. I guess I should have told you that before I started." So he didn't charge me for the dent repair and I called the manager to see if she was goign to pay for teh door damage. She said that she didn't charge me for the repair so she is not liable? Is that right. I obvisouly would much rather pay $80 fo rthe door ding repair than the $500 it is goign to cost to get the whole door repainted. It is a brand new car, I live in Minnesota where it freezes and salt gets all over your car. I think my door needs to be repainted and now they aren't goign to pay for anything. This is my first brand new car and I had no idea that the paint might crack. I know that cracked paint can do a lot of damage to a car, much less brand new. Do I have a chance of taking the dent company to small claims court? I didn't sign anything and was not told that their was a risk. Any legal advice would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">