• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Repair shop will not release my tools

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

richardbyrne2

What is the name of your state? Maryland.
I went in for back surgery in Jan. and have been told I cannot go back to working on cars. I owe the dealer I worked at some money for ins. I sent them some money and told them I am moving to Erie so I will need to get my tool box. When i went to pick it up they refused to give it to me.

What Can I Do????

Beth3

Contact the local police. They may be willing to assist you. Manpower allowing, they'd rather assist someone getting their personal property than have to deal with a fracas if the situation turns ugly. If that's not feasible, then your other option is to contact an attorney and have him/her send the company owner a letter stating that if your tools are not returned immediately, you will be taking legal action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">