• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Repossesion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jayfelto

What is the name of your state? NJ

i had a car reposed in Nov 2000, I never received any contact from the loan company regarding the moneys owed or notice of re-sale of the vehicle and amount when resold. I actually haven't heard from the creditor since they repossed the car until January 2002 by certified letter telling be they were suing me. can you help me or point me in the right direction of my rights.. if i have any

JETX

Some things you can do:
1) Contact the creditor and get a current status of the debt (obviously this will 'alert' them to you and bring your debt back to the top of the pile).
2) Get copies of your credit files from all three CRA's (Credit Reporting Agencies) and see if the creditor reported your debt and/or judgment.
3) Contact the original court (if the letter shows one) and get status.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">