• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Sale, scammed or hustled?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grasscutter

Hi, I am from Vancouver B.C, Canada, I don't know if this forum offers advice for Canadians, but I'm gonna try anyways.

About a year ago, I financed a vehicle at a very shady dealership. For a first time buyer without experience in vehicles, I couldn't careless about it and was too excited to worry about anything.

So anyways, the dealer asked me to put a down payment, so my father wrote me a check of $2000.00 for down payment. I was also given on the same day a paper to fill out for financing, my mother was my co-signer.

Now there are two documents that I still have, one is the receipt the dealer wrote, and one is the financing paper the bank printed out.

On the receipt, the asking price of the vehicle was $15900, written with PST, GST, down payment with the check number, and the total price.

Now the financing paper the bank printed out did not match the receipt. Instead of saying $2000.00 down payment, I was told by the dealer that they had to lie to the bank that I put $4000.00 just so I could get approved for financing. For that, the price of the vehicle was bumped up to about $3000.00 more than it was written on receipt, excluding the interest rate I have to pay for financing.

Is this considered a scam or a hustle? And for anyone who understands the law, could this case be fought if it was brought to court?

djohnson

You are obviously easy to scam as you don't read. If you did you would notice this site is for US LAW ONLY. If you think Canada has become a part of the US, I have a great bridge I would like to sell you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">