• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Automobile loan help in Virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Virginia

My ex-fiancee and I have a 2003 Honda Accord in our names. I am the primary signer on the note and she is a co-signer. She has the vehicle and is making current payments on it, but I want it out of my name. I have asked her numerous times to refinance the car in just her name, but she will not. I have asked for the car so that I can sale it and the problem will be taken care of. Again, she will not allow me to take the car. As the primary signer on the loan, do I have any legal rights to sue to either 1. Take possession of the car or 2. To force her to refinance. This is a nightmare. I need help. Please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential