• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Average time for naturalization process

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sjshr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I have been a permanent resident for almost 20 years. I am starting the process of applying for naturalization. Could someone tell me what the average time for the complete process till gaining citizenship in CA?

Thanks much!

evcalyptos

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I have been a permanent resident for almost 20 years. I am starting the process of applying for naturalization. Could someone tell me what the average time for the complete process till gaining citizenship in CA?

Thanks much!
You can look up your own office at uscis.gov (Field Offices). The stated goal for this year is 5 months (new press release yesterday).. most cases I have seen recently are about 6 or so months.. it really depends on your local office & the volume of cases they have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">