• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Awol For 8 Years

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

inacrisis

What is the name of your state?NC
i WENT AWOL FROM USMC 8 YEARS AGO. i WAS 2 WEEKS AWAY FROM GRADUATING FORM MY MOS SCHOOL AT CAMP LEJEUNE, NORTH CAROLINA WHEN I WENT ON THANKSGIVING LEAVE AND NEVER RETURNED.ALTHOUGH I WAS DEALING WITH A LOT OF MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL ISSUES AND STILL AM, I NEVER REPORTED ANY OF WHILE THERE. NOW, IT'S 8 YEARS LATER, 4 CHILDREN LATER WITH A NEW LIFE AND JUST TODAY, I COME HOME AND THERE'S A US ARMY BUSINESS CARD WITH A NUMBER ON IT FOR ME TO CALL AND I'M WORRIED. I GUESS IT'S SAFE TO ASSUME THAT THEY'VE CAUGHT UP WITH ME. CAN THEY STILL KEEP ME? WILL THEY TAKE MY CHILDREN AWAY UNTIL I'VE PAID MY DUES? HOW SERIOUS WOULD MY PUNISHMENT BE? PLEASE, IF ANYONE HAS ANY HELPFUL ADVICE, IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. AND DON'T JUDGE ME, I ALREADY KNOW WHAT I AM.

Last edited:

T

thepizzaguy

yes they don't forget

very good advice given above. spending your life looking over your shoulder is no way to live. Get you kids taken care of with a family member so you don't have to worry about that and turn yourself in. you can even turn yourself in at the local reserve center and they will bring you back. You will be processed and recieve an Other than Honorable discharge, and bang your back on track with your life. What you DO NOT WANT is to say get pulled over for something stupid with your kids in the car and get arrested and sent back in cuffs. As far as the military business card that is prolly just a coincidence, but who knows. They don't hunt you down, your not that important for them to put that kind of man power on. They just wait for you to screw up. Like the previous poster said. "They never forget"

good luck and get it taken care of you will feel so much better when you do

lvn4ever

awol for 8 years

advice given above is excellent and accurate. They dont forget. While it is true that every once in a while someone falls through the cracks, you certainly don't want to COUNT on the possibility that maybe it was you.

When posting on this subject I often refer to the post from Man B who was asking a question about his friend, Man A, who had been AWOL for many many years and was picked up on some trivial moving violation. At the time of posting, Man A was languishing in a county jail somewhere waiting for the MPs to come pick him up. Once he was returned to his civilian life after being processed, he would then have some serious explaining to do his family, employer, friends, neighbors etc...who perhaps knew nothing of his past.

You haven't addressed this situation for 8 years, but believe me, the military says, "it ain't over til its over."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">