• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AWOL seperation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

naythan1383

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Indiana
Is it possible to turn myself in and be put into the reserves also since I was at my permenent party for only 1 night if I stay AWOL for 30 days what will happen If I turn myself into sill or knox with psychiatrist papers with depression remarks (severe)

SHORTY LONG

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Indiana
Is it possible to turn myself in and be put into the reserves also since I was at my permenent party for only 1 night if I stay AWOL for 30 days what will happen If I turn myself into sill or knox with psychiatrist papers with depression remarks (severe)
No one can say 100% for sure what will happen to you..., so it is hereinafter to advise you
freely to look at the Sticky that may or may not be of use in seeking your answer!

https://forum.freeadvice.com/military-law-92/fyi-important-telephone-numbers-awolers-deserters-379094.html

NukeMM

When I turned myself in I had papers from a psychiatrist indicating a sleeping disorder brought on by severe depression, ultimately they discounted them and sent me to a military pych and had them evaluate me though the pych did in fact read and consider the papers I brought they still came to their own independent conclusion. But I would say if you got them bring them it will do no hurt your situation to bring it with you to help with your explanation as to why you left, assuming the command you go to gives you a chance to explain yourself and don't just out process you as fast as they can.

Be aware that this individual is posting based solely on his own individual experience which may or may not be very different from yours as well as the outcome. Please be aware that you are subject to prosecution by court martial and there is no guarantee that you will receive any category of discharge from your command or avoid brig time upon your return.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">