• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

B-Card 19 years clean and not removed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kloee7

Minnesota
Arrested for driving ATV DUI after small town police waited for me at the end of the trail.
Because of this B-Card the small town local police seized the vehicle. ($20,000) sbs
Police also marked to have my license revoked for 6 years.
Currently working with an attorney
If that restriction was removed after the 10 years that is in the statue the vehicle would have never been seized.
Now after 19 years of having a clean record
Lost my ATV
Looking at 6 years of no license.

Because I did not know that you could put in an application to have that restriction removed after 10 years, the penalty is greater today than it was 19 years ago.

thank you for any input..

Last edited:

quincy

Minnesota
Arrested for driving ATV DUI after small town police waited for me at the end of the trail.
Because of this B-Card the small town local police seized the vehicle. ($20,000) sbs
Police also marked to have my license revoked for 6 years.
Currently working with an attorney
If that restriction was removed after the 10 years that is in the statue the vehicle would have never been seized.
Now after 19 years of having a clean record
Lost my ATV
Looking at 6 years of no license.

Because I did not know that you could put in an application to have that restriction removed after 10 years, the penalty is greater today than it was 19 years ago.

thank you for any input..
On this forum, we generally do not like to second guess the advice and direction given to a poster by his own attorney. The attorney a poster has hired not only has access to facts that we do not have here, the attorney has worked with the local/state laws and often knows the local community/officers/courts.

If you are unhappy with what your attorney is or is not doing to help you on your case, you might want to interview other attorneys. You always have the option to fire your attorney and hire another.

Good luck.

xylene

Your b card status was known to you.

You have an extensive record of dui to get a b card.

You caught a dui on your ATV because you were drinking and driving.

You have NOT been 19 years clean and sober.

What are you doing for recovery? Multiple DUIs are not because small town cops have it in for you.

Be honest with yourself. This happened because of your alcohol problem.

FlyingRon

By "19 years clean" he means "19 years without being caught."

"Sober" with regard to the b-card means complete abstinence... not just under .08, not just when driving, no drinking PERIOD.

You should be talking only to your attorney. There's nothing at the face of this that indicates the police operated improperly or that you aren't guilty of the charge. But as my colleague down the highway puts it: "Just because you did it doesn't mean you're guilty."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">