• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

B2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?WI
How long time after getting B2 can I enter USA? For example, can I enter USA 6 months after getting B2? What does it mean: B2 is valid for 10 years but i can stay in USA up to 6 months?

HappyHusband

vanyauzunova said:
What does it mean: B2 is valid for 10 years but i can stay in USA up to 6 months?
It means that after you are issued the B2, you may enter the U.S. anytime during the next 10 years, but when you do enter, you can only stay in the U.S. for 6 months.

Kalara

visa gives you the right to apply for entry

A visa gives you the right to apply for entry at a U.S. port of entry. It doesn't guarantee that you will be granted entry by the immigration agent at the port of entry. The immigration agent alone determines whether you can enter and how long a stay is permitted.

Six months is just the maximum possible. You will not automatically be granted a six-month stay, it depends on the decision of the immigration agent at the port of entry. You tell them how long you plan to stay and where and what you will be doing, and they tell you the maximum amount of time you can legally stay. It could be 45 days, three months, or any other period of time the agent decides.

I'm not a lawyer

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">