• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

back child support and income taxes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



we r in tennessee. my husband broke his elbow last sept., called and told the cse and they told him to pay what he could and catch up upon his return to work. he went back to work for 4 days and got permanently laid off. they took the back support out of our income tax and he got a letter from the employment office stating they would take the support out weekly. we realized several weeks later they were not, so we called to find out what was going on. got that straightened out and started paying it ourselves weekly. meanwhile he had to go to court for back child support. the judge ordered him to come up with $500.00 in 2 weeks and pay $10.00 extra weekly or go to jail. y do they take it out of income tax if you are going to have to pay it twice. they said we would get back all that is overpaid, but we don't have the extra $500.00 right now. he has always supported his kids and has no problem with it, but we told the cse that we would catch it up with income tax and then they put an interception on it, now we have to pay it anyway plus more and they already have it. we just don't understand. any responses welcome.thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential