• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I am in the state of Ohio. I am the custodial parent. After ten years, I finally filed for child support. I was hoping I wouldn't have too, that I would have been married by now but I really need the money to support our son. The father lives in Hawaii. On April 16, the court there ruled that he would not have to pay any back support for the last nine years. I also did not agree with the amount of support set. What can I do?

I was told I cannot even access the court transcripts of the ruling. Why not?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential