• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

back child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I live in CA and filed for child support in December when my childs father left. Last week I received a notice from the D.A. stating that the motion was filed w/ the court, so now they need to serve him and then he has 30 days, etc. Well on the motion it states "payments to begin 05/01/2001" now I filed in December 2000 and I indicated on the paperwork that I wanted child support from the time he left, 12/02/2001. Why are they saying payments to begin 05/01/01. Is he to just get off for 6 months with no payments and I am screwed yet again? When I asked the D.A. I got two different answers, 1. they had nothing to hold him to (which made no sense since I have heard of people going for back child support from years before.) and 2. they had no home address which I told the woman was not true I have always had and given them his address from day one as well as his work addresses and phone numbers. They have EVERY and Imean EVERY bit of info on him. So am I screwed because they dragged their feet? Someone told me I could go from the day of her birth since the father and I were never married, is this true? Where do I go now to get all the child support, not just beginning last month? Please help...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential