• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

back injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tbd0328

What is the name of your state?Tennessee
I had a lower back injury at work was off work for 3 months during which time I got a severe Blood clot to my leg which my docters determined was a result of inactivity due to the back injury so my workmans comp covered both the back injury and the blood clot, now i am back at work and have not heard any more about the whole thing, i called the other day and was told that I would be recieving a letter soon explaining the whole procedure and that I had a 5% dissability rating for my back and thay were putting my back and leg together, can they do this because i know my blood clot dr never recieved anything from the WC people to sign off on my leg and rate any disability, I am on a blood thinner for the forseeable future and have to keep my leg elevated as much as possible and wear a surgical stocking. Is this legal?

jity

tbd0328 said:
What is the name of your state?Tennessee
I had a lower back injury at work was off work for 3 months during which time I got a severe Blood clot to my leg which my docters determined was a result of inactivity due to the back injury so my workmans comp covered both the back injury and the blood clot, now i am back at work and have not heard any more about the whole thing, i called the other day and was told that I would be recieving a letter soon explaining the whole procedure and that I had a 5% dissability rating for my back and thay were putting my back and leg together, can they do this because i know my blood clot dr never recieved anything from the WC people to sign off on my leg and rate any disability, I am on a blood thinner for the forseeable future and have to keep my leg elevated as much as possible and wear a surgical stocking. Is this legal?
It is legal... If you feel the 5% is low request that your employer pay for a FIT evaluation from the same doctor or another of your choosing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">