• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back to court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Missouri
My husband just won joint legal, sole physical custody with visitation by mother last Friday. The primary reason the judge gave husband custody was because his ex is married to an alcoholic who was only given supervised visitation of his own children. She is now telling him that a judge can't make a decision based on that and the custody thing isn't over. My husband would win if they did go back to court and they didn't consider who she was married to, but we really don't want to go back to court. I don't know if she will do anything (she doesn't have a lot of money and is usually all talk) but I was wondering if there was anything she could do to get us back in court to change custody over to her. She is very unstable and her home is not a good environment. We just don't want stepson's life to be messed around with more than it already has now that this has been settled. I hope this isn't too confusing. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential