• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Backed into by construction equipment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Janet44

I live in Texas. I was on my way to work. Went over a bridge where the construction work is being done. The 18 wheeler, pulling a huge tank, pulled onto the road from the site before I got there and crossed the bridge in front of me. There was no one directing traffic and there was no pilot vehicle. After crossing the bridge is a small downtown area. The truck stopped in the road..no brake lights on the trailer..I did manage to stop but he was already backing up. He smashed the front of my vehicle because he said he couldn’t see me. I thought I was going to crushed to death! This happened 10 days ago and I still don’t know if they have even looked at my car. His company insurance claimed liability. The trailer tank he was pulling was a rental with no plate and the rental company said it isn’t registered. Not sure what to. Don’t want to make a mistake and have someone take advantage. I am not a lawsuit crazy person. Just want what is fair.

Wow that sucks, sorry that happened. I don't really see a question as a matter of fact no question mark in your post at all. So let me put a few in my response. Texas is a no fault state so you had insurance right? Your insurance company is working this out with the other insurance company right? You pay for that service for possibly years and years. So put them to work! Call them as much as needed.

adjusterjack

Jeez. People really have no clue about insurance.

Texas is a no fault state
Texas is NOT a no-fault state. Each driver is liable for injury or damage to other due to his or her own negligence.

Your insurance company is working this out with the other insurance company right? You pay for that service for possibly years and years.
No, your insurance company does not "work it out" with the other insurance company and you don't pay for that service because it doesn't exist.

What you pay for is for your company to pay for loss or damage to your vehicle and then you give your insurance company the right to seek reimbursement from whoever caused the accident. Your insurance company is not your legal representative in your action against another driver. It never was.

1231a123

I live in Texas. I was on my way to work. Went over a bridge where the construction work is being done. The 18 wheeler, pulling a huge tank, pulled onto the road from the site before I got there and crossed the bridge in front of me. There was no one directing traffic and there was no pilot vehicle. After crossing the bridge is a small downtown area. The truck stopped in the road..no brake lights on the trailer..I did manage to stop but he was already backing up. He smashed the front of my vehicle because he said he couldn’t see me. I thought I was going to crushed to death! This happened 10 days ago and I still don’t know if they have even looked at my car. His company insurance claimed liability. The trailer tank he was pulling was a rental with no plate and the rental company said it isn’t registered. Not sure what to. Don’t want to make a mistake and have someone take advantage. I am not a lawsuit crazy person. Just want what is fair.
ouch that’s got to hurt

Jeez. People really have no clue about insurance.
-I agree.
Texas is NOT a no-fault state. Each driver is liable for injury or damage to other due to his or her own negligence.
-Correct making the rest of my post irrelevant to the topic.
No, your insurance company does not "work it out" with the other insurance company and you don't pay for that service because it doesn't exist.
... your definition of "work it out"...
-I disagree with this. Having been in accidents in fault and no fault states the difference in how they "work it out" is very noticeable. Perhaps mileage will vary with coverage and insurance company. But as you said "People" have no clue about insurance. I firmly believe it is written by robot bureaucrats for robot bureaucrats.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">