• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

background check/DUI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lstevens

I had gotten a DUI almost 3 years ago in California and currently live here and I have been given an offer to become a contract recruiter at a company that does background checks. Does this affect me anyway? No traveling is involved. Will I not get the job if they find out?
-sl

A

Attorney_Replogle

Whether any given employer or potential employer will use that information to deny you a job is unknown. Every company has their own hiring criteria. I can't predict what will happen to you. Sorry!

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

S

samie

my daughter applied for a job with a company that did background checks. they dug up some derogatory information on her, some rather recent and some that was more than 10 years old. the person that owned/ran the business did not inform her of the findings, but told my daughter's friend (quite professional, eh?). anyway, i feel her rights have been violated. what responsbility to these people who do backgound checks have? is it legal to gossip info they found with others?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">