• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

background check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FlyingRon

[QUOTE="PayrollHRGuy, post: 3579224, member: 674052"
I take negative action about 20-30 times a month. You would be amazed at the number of people that had never received a copy of the background check before that had had negative action taken my fairly large employers.[/QUOTE]

Again, there's no FCRA obligation for the employer/contracting company to provide the received background check to people, only to provide the identity of the background check company (and all the boilerplate disclosures). Once they have the disclosure, they're free to contact the background check company THEMSELVES for the actual information.

PayrollHRGuy

Yes @FlyingRon there is according to the FTC web site that I posted copied the passage from previously.

FTC says otherwise in the link I posted.

Before You Take an Adverse Action
Before you reject a job application, reassign or terminate an employee, deny a promotion, or take any other adverse employment action based on information in a consumer report, you must give the applicant or employee:

• a notice that includes a copy of the consumer report you relied on to make your decision; and

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">