• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Background checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlgreen

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

I got a job in September 2003. At the time I found out they were going to do background checks, I told the manager of the company who told the District Manager. He informed her that since it wasn't business related I could go ahead and take the job. l Two years later, I was up for a promotion and the new District Manager wanted to do another background check. I was terminated because of this. I am an at-will employee, but can this actually be legal?

JETX

dlgreen said:
I am an at-will employee, but can this actually be legal?
Can WHAT be legal?
Background checks? Yep.
Your being fired? Yep.
Your ability to post on this forum? Yep.

JETX

lexi48 said:
KS. What all do the do background checks on?
Don't hijack someone elses thread. It is both rude (in diverting from them) and confusing (when you think a response is to you).
Start your own thread.

lexi48

OK, now I am confused. I thought maybe I posted here by mistake but found I had posted on the right post when I went back to check it. What did I say here. All I find is that I asked what type of things do they do background checks on.

JETX

lexi48 said:
OK, now I am confused. I thought maybe I posted here by mistake but found I had posted on the right post when I went back to check it. What did I say here. All I find is that I asked what type of things do they do background checks on.
Yep... and you asked it on SOMEONE ELSES THREAD!

JETX

You ARE an idiot!
You ARE a liar!
Now, get off the frickin' forum.... or I will remove you.
Nuff' said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">