• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Backseat seatbelt ticket...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

karmapolice360

What is the name of your state?CA

I just moved out to california from NC in may and received a backseat seatbelt ticket that's non existence for people over 16 in NC. I received a ticket with two other people in backseat and they received their notice in mail and paid their tickets. I never received anything because apparently the officer misspelled both my name and my address and i only received a notice saying i missed a court date (that notice, despite misspelling, somehow came to me). I called the court and they told me that now i owe $619 for court cost, bail and everything. My question is that the information that the officer took from me is my NC license #, wrong name and the license that the court suspended was my NC license #. I'm about the get my CA license, so do I need to clear up my NC license lien first? If not, how long do they keep the record showing i didn't pay the costs?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">