• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Backyard access

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Parmo1975

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Hello all,

I need help with this problem and though I did a search first I didn't find what I was looking for.

My parents live in a townhouse with a small yard in the back (8 units in a row with the same type of small yard). In the past there was an open lawn behind the yards but recently someone just built on it. The person states that the property is all his ... I don't dispute this but now none of us have access to our back yard unless we drive through his property. Since these are townhomes we are talking about, the only other way to the yard is through the house. This makes the situation tough while moving things (furniture etc.). Is there anything in the books that one knows of which can help with this situation? If not then can someone please direct me to some literature which may help in my search? All help is greatly appreciated. Please do ask questions also to help understand the situation better. Thank you in advance.

nextwife

How about moving things through the front door?

If you are uncertain, have a survey done to determine where your property lines are.

Where is the garage/driveway or alley in relation to your property?

Parmo1975

Thanks

The problem is that the 1st floor is actually the second floor since the house lies on a slight hill. There is no alley (just grass) and the driveway and garage are both on the basement level (first floor) while the yard is on the 1st floor (second level). Is there anything anywhere stating one must have access to ones yard etc etc... I would move things through the front obviously if able to but some things require access through the french doors due to the width of the items. Thanks for the reply and the help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">