• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad business buy turns into collection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CRing

I own a small candle business on the internet. When I started my business I ordered ALL of my products from one company. First off, it took them about 6 weeks to even send out my $3,000 order. I had to repeatedly call and find out when their driver was bringing my order. Finally the driver came and only brought half of my order.
I called then to find out when I would get the rest of my order and they told me in 2 to 3 weeks.
I already waited for 6 weeks, then I had to wait more. I could not get my website done due to the fact that I didn't have my products to take pictures of. I finally told them to cancel my whole order because I couldn't wait that much longer after I already waited this long. They told me I had to ship back their product and pay the shipping or they would come back and pick it up and I would pay for that shipping. I told them to come pick up their products, but I was not going to pay for the shipping. They never came and picked up the products, nor did they ever call me. It has been over a year now, and they sent me a collection letter stating that I owe them $1400.
Since then my business has been shut down and I don't have any paperwork to prove any of this.
Is there anything I can do to solve this matter?

D

David J. Miller

Send back the product and pay for the mailing. It would be cheaper than paying the $1,400.00, right?

And people actually consider getting their mortgage off the internet. I think I am going to start a consumer web-site where people can go and tell all of their internet related horror stories so people will finally wise-up.

May I can get mortgage companies and other companies who compete with on-line services to advertise and that's how I;d make money.

Hey, nobody better steal this idea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">