• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad cop, no donut

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

golddlox

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ARIZONA
I am the owner of a truck and my X-b/f is the co-signer. However, he has the truck & makes the payments. The bank has him as the owner & me as the co-signer. My X is a COP & he promised to refinance 2 years ago & have my name taken off so I was not tied to any financial responsibility. He has not fallowed through. He will not make any kind of contact w/ me & he got married a few weeks ago. The balance remaining on the truck is approx $49,000 and is preventing me from buying or in some cases even renting a home because the $1,000 monthly payment is more than 50% of my income. I have tried to send him letters to his PO BOX & they come back to me Return to Sender. I am done letting him use me. Is there anything I can do? I know his reputation is on the line.

cyjeff

I am the owner of a truck and my X-b/f is the co-signer. However, he has the truck & makes the payments. The bank has him as the owner & me as the co-signer. My X is a COP & he promised to refinance 2 years ago & have my name taken off so I was not tied to any financial responsibility. He has not fallowed through. He will not make any kind of contact w/ me & he got married a few weeks ago. The balance remaining on the truck is approx $49,000 and is preventing me from buying or in some cases even renting a home because the $1,000 monthly payment is more than 50% of my income. I have tried to send him letters to his PO BOX & they come back to me Return to Sender. I am done letting him use me. Is there anything I can do? I know his reputation is on the line.
What do you think you can do? There is no advantage in him renegotiating the loan.

That must be a hell of a truck.

Rexlan

If you are the owner why does he have the truck ...lol. Who is shown as the owner on the title? That is who owns the truck and if it is not you then about all you can do is be PO'd. He has done nothing wrong and I certainly would not let you off the hook on the loan.

However, if you are the owner then have the truck seized and take control of it. Sell it and satisfy the loan ... which you will probably end up owing some money on.

golddlox

bad cop, no donut

I want an ingenious idea that will make his life uncomfortable enough he will refinance the truck. I have a key and a copy of the registration. I do not want the truck or the payments!

golddlox

As stated in my 1st thread. I am the owner on the title with the DMV. Both our names are listed on the registration. My name appears first. He makes payments because he has possession of the vehicle.

seniorjudge

As stated in my 1st thread. I am the owner on the title with the DMV.
No, you did not. You said:
But that is neither here nor there. Can you find the truck? If so, go get it and sell it.

golddlox

The truck is only worth 32,000 on Kelly Blue Book. If I sold it for anything close to that I would still owe about $17,000 which I can not satisfy. Will the buyer be able to obtain the title?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">