• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BAD FAITH CLAIM

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KimHeath73

My company is changing insurance policies. I am in the middle of infertility treatment that is covered 100%. If the new carrier denies me of this can I file a Bad Faith Claim? I would have never have pursued the treatment had it not been covered. I have over 2000.00 invested in medications alone. I don't know what to do. Does the Portablility of Healthcare Act help with this problem?

ALawyer

It is not bad faith, as absent an employment agreement or union contract the company has the right to change conditions of employment, such as the terms of its insurance, at any time.

It would relly be essential to read the policy and manuals in detail to see if you had a basis for a claim. My suggestion, ask the company HR manager.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">